Wednesday, July 20, 2016

REVIEW: Necropia - Creation Of Sin

Long Island has a lot of great bands, past and present, and this is one of the great ones from today's melodic death metal/deathcore scene. Necropia is a 5 piece act, and I recently even had the pleasure of hearing them play live at a battle of the bands, in which they blew me away and all expectations I had of them, as I did in fact hear quite a bit about them prior to seeing them.
 Now, I've admittedly been out of touch with the death metal world, it's not exactly what I gravitate to when I choose to listen to something, but this record carries over elements of deathcore and technical stuff that I totally vibe with. I think that is what makes this record so great, as it is accessable to a few different types of metal fans, whether it be a death metal fan, a tech death fan, a melodeath fan or even a deathcore fan. So before I pick this release apart and look at it's insides, I can say that this release is for fans of bands such as Fallujah, The Black Dahlia Murder, and other bands in those genres.
 So, instrumentally this is an incredible release from Necropia, with some really, for lack of a better term, face melting riffs, and the guitars have an incredibly nasty tone. I'm particularly partial to these guitar parts because they remind me alot of even Meshuggah at some points, the aforementioned being one of my favorites in metal. Not to mention some pretty standard for the genre tremolo picking parts that sound gorgeous.
 The bass tone is very solid, and I can definitely vibe with it, and the drums are very solid as well. Vocally, this release is very diverse, with a range of different styles being heard from death metal sounding vocals from bands like Goatwhore, to higher, almost black metal styled vocals. So overall, this is a great release from Necropia, and I hope to see them more often, especially at the gig they'll be playing with The Acacia Strain later on in August!

FFO: Goatwhore, Fallujah, TBDM, ect ect.

SCORE- 8/10

Listen here
Drop them a like on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment