Monday, March 7, 2016

REVIEW- Life's Tight by ILL EFFECT

Bandcamp surf time! Today's find is a Raleigh based Hardcore outfit called Ill Effect, a band that's only been around for seemingly a short time. They just released their first release entitled Life's Tight and from a quick listen, I can totally get down with this. To start, the instrumentals are super tight, and easy to move to. The riffs are solid with no audible skips or anything like that, and the overall vibe I get is that of King Nine, Living Laser and a few other bands from around our area of the country and this release is totally for fans of that. The Drums are solid as well, and give for a great two step beat on some tracks. I could definately see this band rocking a hardcore show in New York and people really getting into it. Vocally, this release is also very King Nine laden, but in its own way at the same time. Nothing inherently special but they're good none the less, enjoyable for sure. Finally, the lyrical material is typical of hardcore and definately does not stand out but I won't nitpick on that. But I can say that it is for sure not for somebody trying to REALLY connect with the lyrics in my opinion. They're agressive, political and I'll even admit, relatable to those who are very political much like myself.

Overall, this release is a solid 7/10, and I'm excited to hear more from this act in the future.

Listen and purchase(if you'd like) here

No comments:

Post a Comment