Thursday, March 31, 2016

My list of skramz releases you really should listen to

So, as some of you may know, I love me some skramz, the emotionally charged, dread inspiring sound that it gives off, the emotional instrumentals and all that really get me going. Here are some really good records I've come across in my listening to the genre, so I figured I'd share some. These are not ranked in any particular order.


1.Lizards Have Personalities ¡Silencio, Ahora, Silencio! Todos Caeran Book Of Caverns 4 way split        

Lizards have Personalities is one of my more recent finds, and I've absolutely become enamored with their sound. This split is great through and through, and every band on it does a phenomenal job, but I'm particularly fond of the first track, which has a really haunting riff once it picks up in speed.

2.  7" EP by Gattaca

Gattaca is a Czech band with really strong animal liberation and anarchist themes, and another recent find which I can really, really dig. This 7" is a good release from them, and my favorite track off of it is probably Hymny, Vlajky, Uniformy which translates to Anthems, Flags, Uniforms




3. Riala by Suis La Lune

Suis la Lune is a Swedish band who are signed to Topshelf Records, and not a recent find but a recommendation from a friend. This whole record from start to finish is a cacophony of emotion and sadness, a definite listen.

4. Jokes by Kidcrash

A recent find, Kidcrash is a New Mexico based band that I discovered through Youtube recommendations, a definite solid record.

5. Funeral Diner- The Underdark

Oh boy, Funeral Diner is sad as hell, this record is sad

6. Saetia- A Retrospective

7. Hot Cross- Cryonics




               



No comments:

Post a Comment