Thursday, April 7, 2016

TRACK REVIEW/NEW ARTIST SPOTLIGHT- Windows by Bedmakers

Bedmakers is solo project (at least for the time being) of Gerald "Gerry" Windus, a Long Island native and overall cool dude I've had the pleasure of meeting a few times at a handful of shows. I had only heard about this project a few times but finally got around to listening to it and I have to say, it's incredibly enjoyable. The track evokes sonically the sounds of emo projects such as but not limited to Cyberbully Mom Club, and even Bright Eyes in some aspects, but also aspects of bands like Real Friends, Into it Over It, Bomb the Music Industry and a few others. It evokes a sort of melancholy of youth, growing up and loss of somebody, lyrically and sonically as well. The instrumentals are solid, and evoke a lot of emotion when combined with the lyrical material and Gerry's voice. His voice I find is melancholic but at the same time it's filled with a sort of hope for tomorrow. I was surprised to even find myself choking up, listening to what he had to say and how well put together the accompaniment was. It was really good at evoking emotion and that's hard for somebody like me.
 I'm super stoked to hear some really good emo music coming out of Long Island's eastern reaches again, as I feel like it's been a while since anything of that nature has come about. It's refreshing and overall, highly enjoyable. I spoke to Gerry very briefly, and he said that a full band is in the works, as is more material in the future. Something I'm very stoked to see and hear as this band progresses further into it's lifespan in the scene.

FFO: Bomb the Music Industry, AJJ, Cyberbully Mom Club, Bright Eyes, Real Friends, Into it Over it

Track Rating-8/10

Check out Bedmakers bandcamp here

No comments:

Post a Comment