Thursday, February 4, 2016

Muse and X Ambassadors at The Prudential Center 1/29/16


Last Friday my friend and I took a road trip to Newark, New Jersey to see Muse. I have been waiting years to see this band and I finally got a chance to see them. Back in 2010 I missed my chance when they played Nassau Coliseum. This was my first time going to the Prudential Center for a show. I have only been to the venue once and that was for a New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils playoff game. The arena is very nice and open. Our tickets were general admission and once we got to the floor we saw that the stage was round.  The stage was in the center and it was wild.

The opening band was the X Ambassadors. This indie rock band from upstate New York played a great set last Friday. They were not my style but they got the crowd going and they sounded great live. The lead singer's voice was amazing. The band sounded like Imagine Dragons but more instrument based. Overall, they played a great set. Seriously, if you like pop bands who act like they're an ndie band this band is for you. I actually see this band blowing up sometime this year.

Muse took the stage and from start to finish the show was amazing. The production of the show was incredible and the band rocked the house. Muse is a three piece band from England and these guys are so talented. Muse did not play my two favorite songs which are “Plug In Baby” and “Stockholm Syndrome.” Besides that Muse was great and I could see this band again. It was crazy how everything was set up. This show had just as much production value as the time I saw Roger Waters performing The Wall at Yankee Stadium. This was 100% worth the ride and I recommend seeing this band before you die. Seriously, Muse is amazing and they put on a great show. I am glad I got this chance.

Muse- 10/10

X Ambassadors- 8/10

Prudential Center- 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment