Monday, February 1, 2016

REVIEW- Schisma by O' Krwenen

Daily bandcamp surfing has led me to finding another solid release, this time from Lille, France. O' Krwenen is, at least to my ear, a post grind band but for all intensive purposes, I'm just gonna say they're for fans of Full of Hell, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Ion Dissonance and and Meshuggah. It's chaotic yet has great structure and feeling in the tracks and overall is really very enjoyable for the avid fan of extreme music.
 Now, getting down to the guts of the tracks, the guitars are chuggy but also have some really great riffs as well. The breakdown parts are particularly mosh worthy and can be as good an ass beater as any other really. The bass tone is really nice, and fills out nicely but the drums are where I really fall in love. The drum parts are cohesive, well structured and at the very same time chaotic. They can go from a blast beating in your fucking face part to a solid moshy breakdown. Vocally, I can hear elements of grind for sure, but also some elements of what could be considered early 2000's metalcore elements. Some of my personal favorite tracks on this release are Hiatus and The Fall, particularly the latter because of the groove it has to it. Overall, this release is hectic, chaotic and any other synonym I can think of really, but also very much a well constructed release that I would absolutely love to hear live one day if ever I find myself in Lille or anywhere in France that the band may play.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment