Saturday, February 13, 2016

REVIEW: PEACE FUCKERS EP by ALLERGY

Through my never ending searches through the many tabs of Bandcamp, I discovered Allergy, a noise punk band from Gainsville, Florida. From the material presented in this EP, I can totally get behind what this band has to offer. And what exactly do they offer, well, that's some in your face, aggressive noise punk with some really sick powerviolence overtones.
 Instrumentally, it's fast, hectic and at the same time well put together. Through this cacophony of noise I heard some really sick riffs, particularly in the third minute or so of the EP. The bass tone is tight, and really flows through the whole thing as well. The drums are punk, but also have some really sick powerviolence laden blast beats alongside it. The vocals are pretty good, and give me a really strong Infest vibe, which I was particularly fond of as Infest is a great act in my opinion.
 My only gripe, and that's me nitpicking, is that I'd like to be able to hear the material a little bit more clearly, but I have to take into account that this is a noise act, so I guess I can't really complain there.
 Overall, this EP is for fans of Infest, noise punk and really hectic music.

This release earns a solid, strong 6/10

Listen here

No comments:

Post a Comment