Monday, September 21, 2015

Rancid, H2O, and The Interrupters at Terminal 5


Last Friday Rancid played their second and final sold out show at Terminal 5. Rancid is legendary 90’s Punk rock that has some classic punk rock roots mix with some ska influences. Rancid was only playing four shows on this tour with H2O and The Interrupters and this was the last day of the short tour. This was my first time seeing Rancid. Terminal 5 was where the show was located. I’m not at this venue a lot but it’s one of my favorites in New York City.                                                                 The opener of the night was the Interrupters. The Interrupters are a Ska Punk band from Los Angeles. They are four piece and they are female fronted. The three guys in the group dress up like the Specials or someone who listens to British 2Tone music. They were great and a lot of people were into them. Plus their song had a skanking pit which was a lot of fun. Ska bands are the best because Ska shows aren’t suppose to be violent. The Interrupters I could totally see again and they were perfect to open up the show with. The best part was when they covered Operation Ivy “Sound System”. Great song and they covered it well.

            Up next New York own H2O. This was my second time seeing H2O and I was expecting a good reaction. Even though this was a Punk Rock shows there still were a lot of hardcore fans there. H2O went off and the crowd just ate it up. Terminal 5 has barricades but it was a lot better than the time I saw them without barricades. I feel NYC cares more about this band than Long Island. H2O set was made up of a lot of old and classic tunes. They also played some new songs which sounded really good. Overall the band played a very good set and they really got the crowd amped for Rancid.

            After 11 years I finally get to see Rancid. The one punk band I’ve been waiting to see forever and I finally got the chance. Rancid are from the Bay Area, California. Rancid took the stage and the place erupted once they started to play. I was towards the back I somehow ended up in the front within ten seconds. I was like what this is amazing. It was just like the craziness I saw at Rise Against in Central Park. There was two pits going on at Terminal 5 and people crowd surfing. Absolute chaos but it’s a Punk show which usually are the best pits to be in. Most of Rancid set was off of …And Out Comes the Wolves. When they played “Fall Back Down” I lost it because that’s the song that got me into them. The only problem I had with this set is that they didn’t play “Red Hot Moon” otherwise this was a 10 out 10 performances. Hopefully soon I’ll get another chance to see them again because this show was amazing. Seriously Rancid is probably one of the best Punk bands out there.

Rancid- 10/10

H2O- 9.5/10

The Interrupters- 9/10

Terminal 5- 10/10

Overall Concert- 10/10

    

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment