Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Life and Death Tour 2015 at Revolution Music Hall

             Last Monday, The Life and Death tour made their final stop in Amityville, New York. The Life and Death tour is the biggest hardcore tour in North America. It started last year and featured the following bands Backtrack, expire, Harms Way, Etc. This date of the tour featured Turnstile as headliner with Bane, Power Trip, Backtrack, Forced Order, Blind Justice, Mizery, and local support Jukai. Revolution Music Hall was where the venue took place and this great place for big shows like this.
            The first band of the night was Jukai. Jukai are a Metal/hardcore band. They are from Long Island and this was my third time seeing them. Usually shows in Long Island people don’t move for the first band but that wasn’t case. Once Jukai started people were going off. Jukai is a very heavy band so the pit was pretty crazy for an opener. I’m glad that a lot of people came out early because Jukai deserves a crowd and they might have at least 75-100 people watching them. If you don’t know who Jukai well you’re missing out because this band is going especially they announce they are playing Florida’s biggest hardcore fest FYA in January.
            The next band was Mizery. Mizery are from San Diego, California. This is my first time seeing this band and I missed them multiple times in the past year including Black n Blue Bowl. Finally getting a chance to see them and they did not disappoint. Just like Jukai the pit was very good and had a lot of people moshing for them. For a band that opened Black n Blue Bowl 2015 they had a great set. I can’t wait for their debut album early 2016.
            Up next were the kings of the Jersey Shore Blind Justice. This was my third time seeing this band. Blind Justice has a great style of fast pace hardcore. I love the style and it got the crowd going. Probably the first band with stage diving. What’s great about this band is the whole “Stomp” approach because their music is all about two stepping and going side to side. This was probably my favorite time seeing them. I like this band a lot and I can’t wait to see them again at Back to School Jam.
            Forced Order took the stage and a lot people were going off for them. Forced Order is from California. This was my first time seeing them. I never was into them but after seeing them live they really didn’t put any impression on me. For me they were the least favorite band of the night. They just came out with a new album and to me I didn’t care for it. I’m probably part of the small percentage of people who didn’t like them.
            Long Island own Backtrack was up. I’m not really a big fan of them because of how many people who aren’t hardcore suck them off. I’ve seen them before and they didn’t impress me but this time it was different. First song the place exploded. I had so much fun seeing them. They sounded so tight and the crowd just ate it up. People were diving everywhere and mosh pit was crazy. This is my second time seeing this band and it was amazing. The reaction they got was great. There was nothing wrong with this set at all. This set makes me really want to see Backtrack again. If you haven’t seen them you’re messing up.   
            Up next was the “Kings of Crossover” Power Trip. Power Trip is a crossover band from Texas and this is my second time seeing them. Power Trip just destroyed everything. Every song was great but what sucked was that there weren’t a lot of people there for them. It seems like people left or went somewhere else because the pit had a lot of space. That made me mad because I saw them back in August at AMH and everyone was going crazy. The pit last Monday was good for Power Trip I just wish more people were into them. This band needs to be bigger because I love the Thrash Metal and hardcore influences. If you haven’t seen them yet well you’re messing up.
            Bane was up next. The band is from Worcester, Massachusetts and this was my fourth time seeing this band. Bane put on a really good show. The set was full of stage dives and sing along. One thing I’ll never understand is people swinging their arms and legs during Bane. Throwing down to Bane is weird but otherwise Bane put on a great set as always. Bane never disappoints their fans. What’s sucks is that next spring will be there last time with us. If you haven’t heard Bane will be breaking up spring of 2016. The best thing to do is to see this band before they break up.
            Turnstile was up and rocked the stage with the final set of the night and the tour; this was my seventh time seeing this Maryland/D.C./Ohio hardcore band. Turnstile did not disappoint at all. People were moshing, grabbing the mic, stage diving, etc. After a long show the crowd was not tired at all and every song people were going off. Turnstile truly is the best band in hardcore. I always have so much fun watching this band play. If you haven’t seen this band then you’re doing something extremely wrong. I could see Turnstile day after day. So much love for this band.
Turnstile- 10/10
Bane- 9/10
Power Trip- 9/10
Backtrack- 10/10
Forced Order- 7/10
Blind Justice- 8.75/10
Mizery- 8/10
Jukai- 8.75-10
Revolution Bar- 9/10

Overall Concert- 9/10       

No comments:

Post a Comment