Monday, September 14, 2015

SINGLE REVIEW- Aurelian Pivot by Annulment

New York based hardcore outfit Annulment just released their single entitled Aurelian Pivot yesterday. Surfing through bandcamp I discovered this and I'm very happy I did, as this track is one hell of a banger. I had previously heard of Annulment, and I am almost positive I have seen them before at one point or another.
 Production wise, this track is great, it's crisp but also has a really cool lo-fi feel to it that adds to the chaotic experience of the whole track. The guitars are really well put together, with some really solid riffs that are very crunchy and flow really well through the whole track. The drums are really what get me though, with some incredibly solid double bass goodness along with some really solid patters that fill the track well, arguably making the drums one of my favorite things about this release. Vocally this release is great as well, though in some way leave something to be desired. Perhaps it is because I'm so used to low, grunty vocals in hardcore that I'm not used to the very grind sounding vocals that this release has.
  All in all, this is a solid release from Annulment, and I would totally reccomend them to anybody in the mood for some fast paced hardcore.

7/10

Listen to and pick up Aurelian Pivot here 

No comments:

Post a Comment