Sunday, May 31, 2015

Glocca Morra, LVL UP, Greys, Socialite at Shead Stadium 5/29/15


            Last Friday Glocca Morra played their last New York show. The location was Shea Stadium, a venue dedicated to the New York’s baseball team The Mets. The venue was really cool and it was my first time coming here. It was on top of a garage and it was one big room with a stage that was two feet tall. This was a sold out show so it was going to get crowed. The venue itself holds about maybe 100 – 150 which is very punk rock. Glocca Morra had a three opening acts all in which were good.

            The first band of the night was Socialite. Socialite is a band from Philly and they are a hardcore punk band. They were good and I really enjoy the style they had. The singer sounded somewhat like the singer of GIVE. The Crowd was somewhat into them and this band was somewhat easy to mosh to but no one was moving. It’s funny when they took the stage and I was like this is probably a hipster emo band but no. The way they dressed I like what but when they started playing I was like yeah I can dig this. If you ever get a chance to see this band it’s worth it. Socialite was a good opener.

            The next band was Greys and the band was the best band of the night. I enjoyed them more than Glocca Morra to be honest. Greys are from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They were a mix of punk, noise, and grunge. They were so good. I loved the mix they had. Listening to the riffs I heard Nirvana but only it was more punk rock and a lot of noise added to it. Once again not really a huge reaction to these guys buy they were good. This band should be known they were so loud and just destroyed it. It’s great when the openers don’t suck because it gets boring until the headlining gets on. Greys is great band to see live. If you get a chance don’t blow it.

            LVL UP was up next. This band is from Purchase, New York and some of a punk maybe more emo band. LVL UP I thought was good for the first three songs. After that it kind of got boring. LVL UP was the first band to actually get a crowd reaction. I’m not saying no one cheered or clap for the other bands but this band actually had people singing along and jumping up and down. Even though I wasn’t really a big fan of them I have missed them a few times when they played NYC. Overall they were okay but catch them this summer touring with Basement.

            Glocca Morra the final band of night and also it was their last NYC show. Glocca Morra is a punk/indie band from Philly. Obviously the crowd gave off a huge reaction to the first note that was played. Another thing about the crowd was that it was very mixed and that’s what I love about going to punkish shows in Brooklyn. You always see very unique people at theses shows.  Glocca Morra was a really good live band. The crowd was great. A lot of push pit action, stage dives, and people singing along. The only thing is for a farewell show I would think people would be a lot more crazy but the front was wild in it self. Glocca Morra was perfect at Shea Stadium. I felt this venue was the perfect place for them to play their last show in NY. The only that sucks about this band I’m more of a fan now but I’ll see this band again. Listen to their album Just Married. It’s a killer album. Everyone who’s reading this and never seen this band I’m sorry but you missed out.

Glocca Morra- 9/10

LVL UP- 7.75/10

Greys- 10/10

Socialite- 9/10

Shea Stadium- 10/10

Overall Concert- 8.5/10      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment