Monday, October 12, 2015

James Boss Backyard show feat. Daisychain, Table Talk, Nice Shot Kid, Depresant, Check Engine Light. 10/10/15


             Last Saturday I attended a back yard show in Deer Park, Long Island. The backyard show was presented by Babetalk and Terminally Trill. The head writer of James Boss had this show in his own backyard. This is not the first time he has backyard show in his but back in July he had an all day festival that was dedicated to his neighbors. Both shows are benefit shows and there were about forty people that showed up. Besides the headliner Daisychain every band was from Long Island. This was my second show of the weekend that was DIY. Everyone who had a part of this show thank you and helpfully we could do more. A little side not everyone in these bands are the coolest people so listen and support these bands.      

            The opening band was Check Engine Light. Check Engine Light are a local Pop-Punk trio. Two of the members are brothers in fact twins which this was a first for me seeing Twins playing together in a band. They were a good to start off this show. The songs sounded really good and they even covered Taylor Swift. I always love hearing Top 40 songs being covered and turn into a Punk song. Overall Check Engine Light was really good. Make sure you check them out and also they will be playing a festival in Pittsburg, PA on December 13 that features Yellowcard and Citizen.

            The second band of the show was Depressant. This band I felt like they really love Title Fight and put a lot of that style music into their music. Their music was something really cool and I’m glad I saw them. Depressant was really good and probably my favorite band of the day. This band should be big because the music sounded so great and I love the switch between two vocals. Also the pedals they had sounded so amazing. Everything about this band was great and they even performed a My Chemical Romance cover. Long Island is lucky to have this band to be from here.

            Up next was Nice Shot Kid. Nice Shot Kid is a Four Year Strong and Easycore worship band. This is my sixth time seeing this band and I love them every time I see them. I’m not really a big fan of Pop Punk bands playing breakdowns but their music flows so well. The mix of easycore riffs with the Pop Punk singers just goes perfect with them. I personally think this band is 100% times better than bands like A Day to Remember, Four Year Strong, Chunk No Captain Chunk. These guys got a good reaction from the crowd and people were singing along.  Like I said before if you like the band I mention you will love this band.

            Table Talk was up and I found out they used to be called Last Great Hero. I thought Table Talk was just a new band but I actually saw them last year. Table Talk was a cool band and they had a really good sound. They really had an Indie Punk sound but overall they were good. They had two singers, one of them I wasn’t a big fan of his vocals but he played well. Support this band because they were really good live and they have good songs.

            Daisychain was up next and they were great. I mention before they were the only band not from Long Island. The band is from Peekskill, NY. They were a lot fun. Daisychain brought this Rock n Roll experience to this show. They really loved to play live and they got a good reaction. I notice some people singing along and going off for them. Just like that I become a fan of this band and they were perfect to close out the day with. A lot of love for this band hopefully I get a chance to see this band again. If you get a chance you must see this band plus their debut LP came out last month. Overall Saturday was a great day; shout out to all of the bands, James Boss, and U A DUB CRUE.

Daisychain: 9.5/10

Table Talk: 8/10

Nice Shot Kid: 9/10

Depressant: 10/10

Check Engine Light: 8.5/10
Backyard: 10/10
Overall Concert: 9/10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment