Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pain Tolerance, Day By Day, Sleight of Hand, and Impact at AMH 6/7/15


Last Sunday Amityville Music Hall had a Sunday afternoon hardcore matinee. The bands were Day by Day, Pain Tolerance, Sleight of Hand, and Impact. The show started at 2pm and ended before 5pm. For a short show I still had fun watching these bands there was only 30 people there which was funny. AMH or Amityville Music Hall is the spot for all of the Long Island shows that exist today. A lot of great hardcore band performed here and I’m glad this venue exists and helps out the LI scene.

The first band was Impact. Impact are a hardcore band from Staten Island and feature the lead singer of Vice on drums. This band is nothing like Vice at all. Impact takes on more of a Warzone approach. The music is more for a two-step action rather than full on karate kicks in the pit. This band I was hear for the most because I like everything that Andrew from Vice puts out. He gives Staten Island a voice. Impact was pretty good. Not something unique but they played well and its cool because of the old school vibe they have. I’m glad that this is an NYHC band because there really isn’t any band from the scene in this generation.

The next band was Sleight of Hand. Sleight of Hand is from Florida and I thought they were the only band I didn’t care for on this lineup. They really weren’t my thing. I did not like how the lead singer was actually singing with the band. It reminded me of a heavier Farside. The last two songs I kind of dig it but overall I wasn’t a fan of the band.   

Pain Tolerance was up next. Pain Tolerance is straight edge hardcore band from Atlanta, Georgia featuring members from Criminal Instinct. Pain Tolerance was really good. Fast paced songs and they were quick. They covered a Floor Punch song that got every Straight edge going off. Covering Floor Punch is always cool. Overall I really enjoyed this band a lot and I would love to see this band. I was talking to the lead singer after their set and he said they just started recently and decided to go on tour. I thought that was awesome for band just starting and go out on tour.

Day By Day was the last band of the show. Day By Day are from Florida and they were the heaviest band of the day. This band was really good. Day By Day needs to be big because of heavy they played. There really weren’t a lot of people there that would go off and only two people moshed. The breakdowns were so good and if there was a good crowd this set would have been insane. Overall this band is good and you check them out and especially all of the other bands that played this show. Support Punk and Hardcore and never let the scene die.

Day By Day- 9/10

Pain Tolerance- 9/10

Sleight of Hand- 6.5/10

Impact- 8.75/10

AMH- 9/10

Overall Concert- 8.5  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment