Thursday, June 18, 2015

Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, and Ballyhoo! at Best Buy Theater 6/16/15


            Last Tuesday Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake played a sold out show at the best buy theater here in New York City. This was a makeup show that got canceled back in January because of a big snow storm. What’s crazy is that they did another tour and not just one off show. Before entering the building I knew I was going to have a great time because it’s a ska show. Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake had Ballyhoo open up for them. I didn’t get there in time to see their entire set. I got there at their last song I can’t judge if they were good or bad. The venue was Best Buy Theater which is probably the cleanest venue because it doesn’t look like a dumb like Gramercy and Irving.

            Less Than Jake was the middle band tonight. The tour seems that the two split the headline. The night before Less Than was the headline band. Less Than Jake are a Ska-Punk band from Gainesville, Florida. This was my fourth time seeing this band. Less Than Jake took the stage and started off with “Look What Happen”. The Crowd was going off and a pit opened up. It seemed that there was two or three pits the entire show. I’m more of a Reel Big Fish fan but I love this band live they always put on a good show. I went off when they played “We’re All Dudes” because the movie Good Burger. The Crowd was great and it was such a great time. I was happy that they played my favorite tunes “All my friends are metalheads” and “Johnny Quest Think we’re sellouts.” Overall the time seeing this band and if you haven’t seen this band then I don’t know what wrong with you because you’re missing out.

            Reel Big Fish took the stage and started off with Europe’s “The Final Countdown” which was funny because they made it into a ska song. Reel Big Fish are a Ska-Punk band from Huntington, California. After the cover they played “Everyone else is an Asshole.” The Crowd ate it up and people were going crazy. Reel Big Fish played cover like “Boss Dj” by Sublime and “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison. Reel Big Fish was amazing. This wasn’t the best time seeing them but I always have a good time seeing this band. The best was when they were about to play “Sellout” and the made a big deal out of it. Before they played it they went into “Smells like Teen Spirt” which was crazy because that more intense push pit in my life. Everyone went crazy because hearing that riff but the stop after the opening. They went into “Sellout” which was still great. “Beer” and “Take on Me” was fantastic. If you haven’t seen this band well I don’t what’s left to say. When this show was over it felt like the home team one the big game. Seriously you’re missing out if you haven’t seen this band.

Reel Big Fish- 10/10

Less Than Jake- 10/10

Ballyhoo- ?/10

Best Buy Theater- 9/10

Overall Concert- 9.75/10    

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment