Tuesday, June 16, 2015

ALBUM REVIEW: In My Arms by BaDow

Recently, I was contacted by the band BaDow, a three piece groove rock band from the Isle of Wight, just a bit south of Hampshire consisting of  Bradley McGinty - Bass, Jodie Amos - Drums/Lead Vocal, Sam Morris - Guitar. Being unaware of the local scene in Britain, I was rather excited to listen to their release, Up In Arms, they had put out. Here's what I have to say about it after giving it a listen.
 I was pleasantly surprised at what I heard, what sounded like a classic sounding American band. I picked up a lot of vibes from the 60's and 70's. This band is currently unsigned, though I gather looking for a label which I hope they find, as they bring something fresh to a scene that is somewhat cluttered with bands that do the same thing over and over again; whether that be shoegaze, hardcore, or metal. Not putting those things down, as they are primarily what I listen to, but it makes for something nice when you hear a record that does something unique.
  Production and sound wise this record is very good, with some really very strong riffs, leads and some really quick, but very nice, solos. The guitar effects that are used also, primarily I believe drive and distortion, really make for a very classic sounding record. The drums and bass also follow up with some very good tone, beat and rhythm. Vocally, this release is also very strong with powerful, bluesy-sounding vocals. Production wise this record is also well produced and it shows how much time and effort was put into the record, as there aren't any sound hiccups or anything noticeable.
 I can't find any REAL complaints about this record, its genuine, and a solid release from a band I hope to see succeed with their musical careers, hopefully they can find some success in the states with at least a few people after they read this. Finally, after a listen, I can safely give this record a solid 8/10, which is well earned from BaDow.

The album will be available on the 20th of June.


Here are the band's many links, check them out on these formats!

Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/Ba.Dow5

Bandcamp Link: https://badow.bandcamp.com/

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/BaDowMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment