Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gin War, The Traditional, The Walking Tree, Only Sibling, Casanova, Table Talk, and Life After TV at AMH 11/19/15

            Last Thursday, Amityville Music Hall hosted another fun show that featured Gin War, The Traditional, The Walking Tree, Only Siblings, Casanova, Table Talk, and Life After TV. Gin War and The Traditional were wrapping up their last day of tour and most of the openers were from Long Island. This was somewhat of mix genre show because the every band sounded really different from each other, which helped out a lot.
            The opener of the night was Life After TV. This band is from Oyster Bay, Long Island. This band is a three piece and they were different. They were very experimental and they seemed really boring. They were the only band of the night that almost made me fall of sleep. Usually, when the first band puts me to sleep then I have nothing good to say. I did not find this band appealing at all and they were nothing special.
            Table Talk was up next. This was my third time seeing this four-piece band. This was probably my favorite time seeing them. Table Talk is from Long Island and they are an indie-punk band. Their sound is tight and everything was perfect. They have two singers- I’m not a big fan of the whiney vocalist, I’m more into the other lead singer. Overall, Table Talk has a great sound and this is my first time seeing them in a venue built for a concert space, so they really did a great job. Please, everyone who is reading this, don’t sleep on this band at all.
            Up next was Casanova, qvnew and upcoming Long Island band. This is my sixth time seeing Casanova. Casanova is a mix of Weezer, Turnover, and My Bloody Valentine. They used the sounds of MBV and Turnover and mix them up with lyrics that Weezer or Jawbreaker wish they could make.  Casanova was very good and they only played four songs but every song was great. From seeing their first show back in the summer till now they have improved a lot and they continue to play great. I have no bad comment to say about this band. They get better and better each time I see them.
            The next band was Only Siblings. Only Siblings is from Staten Island, New York. I’ve been waiting to see this band and they were really good. Only Siblings take a lot a lot of grunge influences and also the Youth era of the band Citizen.  Only Siblings had a really good sound and they sounded a lot different from a lot of the bands that come out of the NYC scene. They remind me of a Long Island band. I totally would see this band again.
            The Walking Tree was up next. This is another Long Island band that was really experiment but they had a cool sound. They really loved the whole psychedelic rock revival of the 2000’s and they mixed it up with some indie rock. I was not too into them but they could play well. This band really rocked the place and they had some fans jamming out. Towards the end of their set they started to cover Jane’s Addiction- “Mountain Song” which I loved and I was going off for. They started to go off into a jam and part of drums got into the crowd and people were on the drums. It was interesting but overall I enjoyed this band.
            Up next was one of the two touring bands, The Traditional. The Traditional is from Buffalo, New York. This band is kind of like an emo band, but they are very upbeat. I like their style but they're a little on the generic side for me. Besides that, they are great band and they had a great set. The Traditional had some crowd members singing which is really good for them. There was still a good amount of people there to watch them play. Overall they had a really good set.
            The final band of the night was Gin War. Gin War is like an emo/indie rock band from Long Beach Island, New Jersey. Before this show I checked out their material and really was not a fan of their material, but when they took the stage and started to play my opinion changed right off the bat. I love when bands sound better live and than recorded. Gin War played a really good set. I saw people up in front and singing along to their material. They did not play a long set, but it still a good set. The last song was the best because the other band they were touring with, The Traditional, took parts off the drum set while playing. It was great.
Gin War- 8/10
The Traditional- 8.5/10
The Walking Tree- 7/10
Only Sibling- 10/10
Casanova- 10/10
Table Talk- 9/10
Life After TV- 5/10
AMH- 9/10
Overall Concert- 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment