Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Story So Far, Basement, Turnover, and Somerset Thrower at The Emporium 11/08/15


             Last Sunday, East Coast Collective put on another great show at the Emporium. The Story So Far, Basement, and Turnover came to play their Long Island date of the tour. They also had the local Long Island band Somerset Thrower to open. For those who don’t know the Emporium, this venue is one of the biggest on Long Island. The big shows that ECC does are always at this venue and last Sunday was a fun one.

The opening band was Somerset Thrower. Somerset Thrower is a grunge-influenced rock band. This is my second time seeing this wonderful band. The first time I saw them in front of 75 people at AMH, so now seeing them in front of probably 300 (or more) is crazy. Somerset played a short 15-20 min set but they showed the audience how great they are. They even got a pit going, which shows people really liked their own local band.  If you like grunge and punk, you should really check them out because these guys should be more popular. These guys were a great opener for the night and totally recommend seeing this band.

The next band was Turnover. Turnover is from Virginia Beach, VA. This was my third time seeing Turnover and they have an amazing sound. Each time I see them their sound is something else and I just enjoy it. The crowd seemed quiet, but I saw a lot of people singing along. Their entire set was from their new album Peripheral Vision. When Turnover played their last song I saw people starting to crowd surf which I thought was interesting. Besides that, there was nothing bad about their set and Turnover gets better and better each time I see them live. It’s funny, when I saw them back in March I could not stand them until the new album and everything changed for me.   

Basement was up next and was the only international band on the bill. Basement is from the United Kingdom and this was my third time seeing them. Basement played the same exact set I saw them last time and I was not mad at all. Every song was great and I absolutely loved it. Basement rocks the place every time I see them. The crowd was pretty intense. The pit was non-stop and so was the amount of people crowd surfing. I really loved the crowd for this but it did not beat the first time I saw them in New Jersey. Overall, Basement had a great set and was probably the best band of the night. I could see this band every night of the week and not get bored. I cannot wait to see them again.

The headliner  was The Story So Far. This was my fifth time seeing this pop-punk band from Cali. TSSF is one of the most popular pop-punk band of this generation and probably the best pop-punk band live. TSSF gets a lot of people pumped, but this time I was not feeling them. I feel like I out grew them and basically do not want to hear the same music over and over again. Their set was mostly songs off their new album but the new album was not anything special. TSSF is great band and their music is great but it’s getting to a point where they should do something new. Overall there were a lot of people enjoying their set and I will never take any credit away from them since people really go off for them. If you never see this band live or any of the bands I mention in this article you are messing up big time; basically these bands all are great live bands.

The Story So Far- 9/10

Basement- 10/10

Turnover- 10/10

Somerset Thrower- 9/10

The Emporium- 7/10

Overall Concert- 9/10


   

No comments:

Post a Comment