Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Misifts and She Demons at Playstation Theater 10/27/15


           Last Tuesday, The Misfits came to New York City to play their annual Halloween tour. This is my fifth year in a row seeing them on this tour. They played at the Playstation Theatre, previously known as the Best Buy Theatre. This was my sixth time seeing the Misfits. The Misfits  are one of my favorite bands of all time, and even though this band is not the original lineup and doesn’t have any original members, Jerry Only does a great job to keep this band alive.

The opening band of the night was She Demons. She Demons is a five piece all-girl hard rock/power pop band from Los Angeles. Before they played, I expected a rockabilly band or a punk band. The minute they start to play, I disliked them. I felt I was watching girls playing a harder version of the Runaways and they brought that 1980’s LA Glam Metal vibe that I can’t stand at all. The music wasn’t that good and they did a bad Ramones cover. Overall, I was not fan of this band.

Misfits finally took the stage and literally played an hour and half worth of their material. They played two albums in it’s entirety, which were Walk Among Us and Earth A.D. The Misfits were great and every song sounded great. What sucked about this show was that a lot of people there weren’t going off for them and the venue sucked for this band. This show should have been in a small place where the real Misfits band should have been at. But it was cool hearing songs like “Last Caress” and “Astro Zombies.” Usually Jerry Only doesn’t play some of the Glenn Danzig for some weird reason, but finally hearing them I went nuts. The entire Earth A.D. part of the set had nonstop circle pits, probably because that’s their fastest record. I had a lot of fun at this show and I cannot wait to see the Misfits next October for another Halloween tour.

Misfits- 10/10

She Demons- 5/10

Playstation Theater- 8/10

Overall Concert-  9/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment