Thursday, November 12, 2015

REVIEW- Black Sheep by Izzy Heltai

Just a short month ago, singer/songwriter Izzy Heltai put out his five track release entitled Black Sheep. I had found this release through somebody who had messaged the blog about it and they mentioned it was folk, naturally I had to listen. Before I begin, this release is wholeheartedly for fans of Bright Eyes, Mumford and Sons and other acts in that light, so take that into account.
 Sonically, this release is super pleasant to listen to, with soft Americana influenced folk melodies that soothe the soul and bring to mind images of soft rolling hills and pleasant valleys of New England, the home region of Izzy. I'm also very partial to the harmonica that hums softly in the background to some of the tracks.
 Vocally, Izzy's vocal talent really shines on this release, where I can safely say I get a really strong vibe of Connor Oberst without the sadness and trepidation in his diction. Together, with the great accompaniment make for an incredibly enjoyable listening experience. So, to keep this review short and sweet, this release from Izzy Heltai gets a solid 9/10 from me, and I highly recommend picking it up on his bandcamp

Izzy's bandcamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment