Friday, November 20, 2015

The Beautiful Ones, Regulate, Crash and Burn, Separated, and Brain Waves at AMH 11/14/15


           Last Saturday Amityville Music Hall hosted another fun Long Island hardcore show. The bill was: The Beautiful Ones, Regulate, Crash and Burn, Separated, and Brain Waves. The Beautiful Ones are currently on tour with Regulate and Bent Life. Bent Life had to drop the Long Island date of this tour due to van troubles. This was not a crowded show but there was a lot of people.

            The opening band of the night was Brain Waves. Brain Waves are a local Long Island band and this was their first show. The band played only three songs and they featured two young ladies which was cool. Since this was their first show, they have a lot of work to so. The band sounded really messy and the guitar's tuning sounded really off. The guitar was tuned wrong and I felt the drums were off time. It was a very sloppy performance. It’s only the first show so I expect to see a better performance if I see them another time.

            Separated was up next. This was my fourth time seeing this local heavy hardcore band and probably the best time I’ve ever seen them. They got a good crowd reaction and people brought the mosh game for this set. This set was probably the most violent set I've ever seen them play. From seeing them a year ago and even back in July the band sounded really tight. I totally recommend everyone who reads this to listen to this band and support this band. They will be playing Amityville Music Hall again on December 5th with Laid 2 Rest, Vatican, and Jesus Piece.

              Crash and Burn was up next. This is a New Jersey hardcore band. Before this show I listened to thei demo and I thought they were okay but once they started to play I loved every second of their set. They got a little bit of reaction but I really like the style of music. Their sound is very two-step orientated and they have great breakdowns.  Overall this performance changed my mind about them, I just wish more people were into them.

            Regulate was up next and this was my third time seeing this Long Island band. The last time I saw them was at Back To School Jam which they were not even suppose to play, but got added last minute and basically had one of the best sets of the entire day. Regulate played and the crowd was going off the entire time. The pit started getting insane before they even began their set. Once Regulate started to play songs it got me even crazier. I hurt my hand while moshing during this set, and I don’t know if I hit someone or hit the wall, but it was worth it.  Regulate is probably the one of the best upcoming Long Island bands right now. Regulate will be playing Amityville Music Hall with Foundation on December and Burn in NYC December 20th.

            The final band of the night was The Beautiful Ones. By the time this band got on there was no one even there for them. It seemed like only ten people were watching them. I really think it sucks for them, because these guys were touring and no one really stayed for them. The Beautiful Ones are from Mesa, Arizona and this was my second time seeing them. Last time I saw them was the last time Rotting Out played New York. This time I felt they were a lot heavier and I feel they changed their sound. The Beautiful Ones really did nothing for me and I really wasn’t into them.  

The Beautiful Ones- 6/10

Regulate- 10/10

Crash and Burn- 8.5/10

Separated- 9/10

Brain Waves- 5/10

AMH- 9/10

Overall Concert- 8.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment