Monday, August 17, 2015

Noisem, Homewrecker, Detriment, Mary Todd, and Mad Diesel at The Acheron 8/10/15

             Last Monday Noisem and Homewrecker invaded New York City on this stop on their tour. This was my first time seeing Noisem and my second time seeing Homewrecker. The venue was at the Acheron. The Acheron is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn and this was my second time being at this venue. The first I was here, I saw Cold World and it was over sold and this venue is very tiny. For this show there were maybe 100 people and it felt like people were on top of each other. 
            The first band of the night was Mad Diesel. This was my second time seeing this band. Mad Diesel is a mix of NYHC, Beatdown, and Powerviolence. The members of the band are wear ski mask except the drummer. Mad Diesel was a very funny band because of their material. They had a good reaction and they had people singing along. There was a good crowd reaction with a mosh pit. If this band played with some hardcore acts I’ve seen their sets would be very violent. If you like comedy with your hardcore and this band is worth checking out.
            The next band was Mary Todd. Mary Todd is three piece Grind/Mathcore band. They are from Brooklyn, New York and were the most technical band of the night. Mary Todd reminded me of Dillinger Escape Plan mixed with Grindcore growls. They were probably the most unique band of the lineup. Mary Todd was very weird because dress like hipsters and just spazzing on there instruments. They didn’t get a crowd reaction but I like the chaos of the music.
            Detriment was up next. Detriment is a five piece Long Island metal influenced hardcore band. This was my third time seeing this band. Detriment took the stage and started to play and a pit started off. The pit was weird for the first half of the set because all of these crusty punks push pitting. That stop three songs in and it got violent. Detriment though played a great set. If you don’t know Detriment recently signed with international Hardcore/Beatdown record label Beatdown Hardwear. If you haven’t seen Detriment then what are you waiting for then.
            Homewrecker was up next and their set was my maybe fifteen minutes. I thought that was a little weird but they were really good. Homewrecker are a four piece band from Ashtabula, OH. Homwrecker are a mix of Metal, Crust Punk and Powerviolence. Homwrecker got on and it got really violent. I mention this before that this was my second time seeing this band they were so good the second time. Homewrecker should have gotten more of a better reaction because they were so good. I want to see this band again and all of those reading my check out this band.
            Noisem was next and now I found saw them. Since I started listening to them last year I missed them like five due to other shows, 21+, and them dropping shows. I got the chance and they were worth the wait. Noisem are a mix of Death Metal and Grindcore. I love the energy they had. The crowed looked a little dead for their set. Overall I really enjoyed Noisem and please people check them out. I’m seeing them every time they come to New York and Long Island.
Noisem- 9/10
Homewrecker- 9.5/10
Detriment- 9/5/10
Mary Todd- 7.75/10
Mad Diesel- 8/10
The Acheron- 7.10

Overall Concert- 8.5/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment