Thursday, August 20, 2015

ALBUM REVIEW: Great Lands EP by Grady Philip Drugg

Recently, Grady Philip Drugg put out his EP "Great Lands" on Ozona Records, this release was brought to my attention recently as well, and listening to it I was enthralled by the softness and somber attitude of the whole record itself. I've recently developed a soft spot for this type of lo fi acoustic emo through finding Cyberbully Mom Club, a similar act in some sense.
 Production wise, this record is great, the lo fi sound on the first track, but the crisp quality on the others is a great approach to this release, and the sound fits the vocals very well. The guitars are simple and catchy, but add a great sense of introspection. Listening to this record, I felt something more than just music, they really provoked me to think, mainly about things going on in my own life. The tracks are lyrically well written, and tell a great story with each song. However they are just as relatable in their own right. Overall, this is a solid release, and I'd recommend it to anybody who's trying to find some cool acoustic tunes to listen to!

6/10

Listen here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment