Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Trap Them, Full of Hell, Blackest, and Siblings at The Acheron 8/20/15


             Last Thursday, Trap Them and Full of Hell made it to the Brooklyn stop of their tour. The venue was The Acheron. This was my third time coming to this small venue. The show was close to sold out but the venue sucks when it’s really crowded. The Acheron is very narrow and has a very small stage. Not my favorite venue in Brooklyn but this place is perfect for this type of show. The Supporting acts of the show were Siblings and Blackest.

            The first band of the night was Siblings. Siblings are a local band from Brooklyn. They had an interesting sound. The sound was mix with Powerviolence vocals with 80’s hardcore instrumentals. I really wasn’t interested in this band. The one thing I liked about this band is that the lead singer had a distortion pedal but only used it for one song. I think if they used that more that would have been really cool to watch.  

            The next band up was Blackest. Blackest are a metallic hardcore band from Brooklyn. This was my second time seeing this band. The first time was at ABC No Rio but they didn’t put a good impression on me. Last Thursday I got the same impression. I don’t see what’s hardcore about this band. The riffs were okay but they bring a good stage persona. To be honest I feel these guys look is more hard-rock rather than metal or hardcore. I wasn’t really into them and the first pit of the night didn’t start until the last song. The first two band were okay I guess.

            Full of Hell took the stage and not even 30 seconds into the song a guy stage dived of the small stage at the Acheron. Full of Hell are a grindcore band from Ocean City, Maryland. This was my third time seeing them. I called them “The Sonic Youth of grindcore.” The reason behind the statement is because they are very experiment for a grindcore band. The lead singer had a board full of pedals and or machines just making the craziest sounds you will ever here. The crowd was insane during Full of Hell. The pit was just as crazy as Full of Hell. Also I recommend to wear ear plugs when seeing this band because if you don’t you might go deaf. If you haven’t seen this band you are messing up big time.

            The final band of the night was Trap Them. Trap Them are a band from Boston, MA and Seattle, WA. This was my second time seeing this Grindcore mix with hardcore and metalcore influences. The last time I saw them they had Incendiary opened which caused not a lot of people to stay. This time they had an audience that was really interested to see them. People are going off in the pit and people were climbing each other to sing along. Trap Them were really good and played a great long set. Their set was more than forty minutes which good because two other Acheron shows I’ve been the headline didn’t more than twenty five minutes. Trap Them is signed to Deathwish Inc which means every band on the label is great and you must see Trap Them.       

Trap Them- 9/10

Full of Hell- 10/10

Blackest- 6/10

Siblings- 7.5/10

The Acheron- 7.5/10

Over Concert- 8.5/10

           

No comments:

Post a Comment