Saturday, August 1, 2015

ALBUM REVIEW: Hungry Hands by American Standards

Arizona based post hardcore outfit American Standards released Hungry Hands late last year, and I have to say that I'm somewhat salty that I didn't find out about this band sooner. With a strong Every Time I Die feel to their instruments and vocals, and their emotionally charged lyrics, I almost instantly fell in love with their sound. Their sound can only be described as a chaotic swarm of emotions and I think that's really important in an age where breakdowns and mosh parts are more important than substance in many genres of hardcore/metal.
 Sonically, this release is top notch with some really solid production, great guitar tones and bass tones and really solid sounding drums. The sound and feeling you get here is only described as a cacophony of noise that sends you swirling into a mosh pit trance. Some of my favorite instrumentals come from the track Circus Rats. Vocally this record is also very strong and hard hitting, another set of points earned there as well.
 I'd say that this record is definitely for fans of Letlive., Arkham, Every Time I Die and Stray from The Path. I'd highly recommend listening to this release, and checking them out live if you can! This release earned itself a solid 8/10

Listen here!

No comments:

Post a Comment