Tuesday, August 11, 2015

ALBUM REVIEW: Unborn by Glasir

Texas based post metal outfit Glasir put out Unborn about three months ago now, and the fact that more people don't know about this band is really beyond me. Within a minute of listening to the first track on this release I almost instantaneously fell in love. I'm already a fan of post metal, and Glasir has only re-affirmed that love of the genre. Unborn gives somber feelings of sadness, doom and a sort of weightlessness of emotions that I rarely feel with any release.
 Production wise this release is phenomenal, with no audible hiccups and a very crisp sound. The effects used are above par for sure, with some incredible soundscapes being formed through the riffs. the guitars are solid and provide a great many emotions as well as the drums which keep the tracks flowing really nicely. The basstone is very nice, and overall this is one hell of an experience to be listening to.
 Personally, and this isn't a complaint at all, more a musing than anything, I would love to hear some vocals or maybe some spoken word over the instrumentals here. Other than that though, I can't bring myself to give this release anything lower than a nine, therefore that's what I'll be giving it, a wholeheartedly well earned...

9/10

Listen to Unborn here!

No comments:

Post a Comment