Monday, August 10, 2015

Soda Bomb, Rozwell Kid, Somerset Thrower, Colorful Kid, We Take Fire, and Special Guest at AMH 8/7/15

            Last Friday, Soda Bomb and Rozwell Kid played their Long Island date on their tour. They had Somerset Thrower, Colorful Kid, We Take Fire, and a special guest. Once I arrived at AMH I saw a giant line of people and I thought why a lot of people would get here early. What happen was that the special guest opener was a legendary band. So I found who it was and I was going crazy.
            The special guest of the night was Glassjaw and they opened up the show. I thought to myself thinking this would probably be my only time seeing this band in a small venue without barricades. Glassjaw played six songs and destroyed every song. The lead singer Daryl Palumbo was intoxicated but still pushed for 110%. This was my second time seeing this band and they were a lot better this time than seeing them opening for Rise Against at Nassau Coliseum. The Crowd during Glassjaw was okay. I never saw so many people on their phones taking pictures at AMH or anywhere on Long Island. If you were not there for this show you messed up big time.
            We Take Fire were up next and were supposed to open up the show before anyone knew about Glassjaw playing. We Take Fire are a six piece band and are from Lake Grove, New York. Usually when I see bands with three guitars its big a pet peeve to me. We Take Fire made it work and I love their style. They really reminded me of Tiny Moving Parts and American Football. Plus they had a keyboard which made the sound some atmospheric. We Take Fire were one of the best bands of the night.
            Next on the bill was Colorful Kid. Colorful Kid is a four piece band from NYC/Long Island.  Colorful kid was okay nothing special at all. I wasn’t really into them at all.  Colorful Kid was very good instrumentally but when it came to the vocals it was too Urban influence. I thought it was weird mix of Urban and Emo.
            The Last of the local openers was Somerset Thrower. Somerset Thrower is from Long Island and is a four piece band. Somerset Thrower were great because how heavy they grunge influence is. Before you think they are trying to be like Superheaven they are far from that. Somerset Thrower shows more of Smashing Pumpkins and 90’s Emo vibe. Everybody should check out this band because they are really good.
            Rozwell Kid was up next. Rozwell Kid was a very geeky band that was having a lot of fun. Rozwell Kid actually had the best crowd reaction of the night besides Glassjaw. Even though there was maybe fifty kids there since Glassjaw got off the stage, Rozwell Kid showed no care. They played their hearts. I really wasn’t into them but I love the fact how well they can play especially dual solo leads. Rozwell Kid was having fun but I didn’t like how they were trying really hard to be hard rock. If you like band who are into Weezer than this band is for you.
            The last band of the night was Soda Bomb. Soda Bomb is a four piece band from Long Island. This was my third seeing them and my first times seeing them headline a show. Soda Bomb has been blowing up all year with opening Spring Mixtape festival and opening up for big bands. Soda Bomb to me is a lot better live than recorded. I’m not a fan of them recorded but they were really good last Friday. The best I’ve ever seen them. If you like Lo-Fi bands then Soda Bomb is your band.   
Soda Bomb- 8.75/10
Rozwell Kid- 8/10
Somerset Thrower- 9/10
Colorful Kid- 6/10
We Take Fire- 9/10
Glassjaw- 9.5/10
AMH- 9/10
Concert Overall- 8/10
 


No comments:

Post a Comment