Friday, December 11, 2015

Cold World, War Hungry, Build and Destroy, Hard Stripes, and Mauler atAMH 11/27/15


            On November 27th I saw Cold World play Long Island the first time in three and a half years. The venue hosting this show was at Amityville Music Hall, which is a LIHC hotspot. Cold World was on tour with War Hungry and Build and Destroy. Two days before this show I saw Cold World and War Hungry play in Nanticoke, PA opening up for Title Fight. Hard Stripes and Mauler and opened up the show. 

            Mauler opened up the show. Mauler is from Brooklyn, New York and they were kind of like a grindcore band. I thought they were weird for this bill. There was a little bit of a reaction for them. I felt that this lineup was not meant for them and maybe if this show was actually in BK they would have a good reaction. They were a weird opener but I respect the style that they performed. I would like to see this band perform in Brooklyn with some grind bands and see that reaction.

Hard Stripes was up next. Hard Stripes is from Richmond, Virginia who takes on the classic 1980’s NYHC vibe. From start to finish Hard Stripes got a great reaction. A lot of two-steps and mosh parts. Hard Stripes played maybe less than twenty minutes but they blew my mind and probably got the first big reaction of the night. I’m glad they got added to this show because in August they were supposed to come play but drop the day of the show. Overall, they played a great set.

Up next was Build and Destroy. Build and Destroy is from Detroit and they killed it. This set was crazy and I was not expecting this at all. Build and Destroy brought out a lot of fury and the crowd ate it up. The reaction for this band was insane and totally woke up the crowd up. Their set was maybe twenty minutes but it went by really fast and every second was crazy.  Build and Destroy was my favorite set of the night and I was not even there for them. The best band and totally would see them again.

War Hungry was up next. War Hungry is from Pennsylvania and has not played Long Island in years.  This was my second time seeing this band and the second time seeing them that week. After what I saw two days prior I did not know what to expect. They only played like five songs and they had a really good set. The crowd was pretty crazy. The set I saw two days prior was better plus had a better reaction. Long Island went off but PAHC took it to another level. Besides that War Hungry was great and if you ever get a chance to see this band do it.

Cold World took the stage and got the place amped up. This was my third time seeing this band. Cold World played the same exact set from two days prior and got a good reaction. The reaction as this show was a little violent but it was not crazy. The band was great as always and they played a lot of good songs. The pit got pretty big in this small venue and a lot of people got in there. If you have not seen Cold World then I do not know what is wrong with you because this band is a lot of fun live. Cold World always puts on a great show.

Cold World- 10/10

War Hungry- 9/10

Build and Destroy- 10/10

Hard Stripes- 8.75/10

Mauler- 7/10

AMH- 9/10

Overall Concert- 8/10   

No comments:

Post a Comment