Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Iron Chic, Vacation, Oso Oso, and Troubled Hearts at Mr. Beerys 12/09/15

             Last Wednesday, I went to my first ever 21 and up punk show. I recently turned 21 back in October and I was always curious about the difference between an underage show and a 21+ show. The venue was a little weird and there was no stage so it was in your face, but overall the crowd seemed cool. I do not expect a hardcore show to be here because of all small this place is. This show was perfect for this venue.
            The opening band of the night was Troubled Hearts. Troubled Hearts are a pop-ish punk band from Long Island. They played a very good set and had a lot of people watching. No one was going crazy for them, but a lot of people seemed to enjoy them. They were pretty cool dudes and I really liked their sound. I would totally see these guys again. 
            The next band up was another local Long Island band named Oso Oso. This is my second time seeing this band. I recently saw this band over a month ago opening for The Hotelier at the Studio at Webster Hall. They put on a good show both then and again that night. People were into it, but I think they had a better reaction at the Webster show- possibly because that show wasn't 21+. Overall, Oso Oso was really good and people should really check this band out.
            Vacation was up next. They were the only band that was not from Long Island; they are from Cincinnati, Ohio. I fell in love with them right before the first song even ended. They were a true, loud and noisy punk band. Every song was great and they just ripped through their set like it was nothing. They even did a punk cover of The Cure's 'In between Days' and did great. Just by watching this set I knew I could see this band over and over again. It was the best set of the night and I was up in their faces enjoying every second of it.
            The final band of the night, Long Island's own Iron Chic. For Iron Chic, everyone rushed up and was ready to go right before they played. Everyone looked ready to sing along and have fun. This was my second time seeing this band. I saw them play an all ages show at the last Woodshop show. Iron Chic put on a great show and everyone in the crowd was singing along. Iron Chic is one of the best bands on Long Island. There was no moshing or crowd surfing but people were singing to each other and rocking out. Overall, Iron Chic played a great show and I can not wait for the next time I see them.

Iron Chic- 10/10
Vacation- 10/10
Oso Oso- 8.5/10
Troubled Hearts- 8/10
Mr. Beerys- 8/10

Overall Concert- 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment