Sunday, December 13, 2015

Everything Ever, ROMP, Casanova, Binary Hearts, and Broken Bay Coalition at AMH 12/06/15


           Last Sunday, Everything Ever and ROMP played their last show on their tour at Amityville Music Hall. They had local support from Casanova, Binary Heart, and Broken Bay Coalition. This was my first time seeing most of the bands that were playing that night. There was not a big draw of people but there was an older crowd there. I felt if this show was in Brooklyn there would have been more people, and maybe people under twenty one.

The opening band of the night was Broken Bay Coalition. Broken Bay Coalition is a local band from Long Island. They started to play and from the first song I liked them. They had a mix of Jawbreaker and other 90’s influenced bands. I enjoyed their sound, plus I really love their bass. The bassist made sure you could hear and I really like it when bassists makes themselves heard. I love the fact that they had three singers; that brought some unique aspects to this band.  Overall, Broken Bay Coalition was a solid opener and I’m glad I got a chance to check them out.

Up next was Binary Heart. This band is another local Long Island band. Before this show I checked them out and saw Jeff Rosenstock produce their music, which I thought was great, because everything Jeff Rosenstock does is great. Binary Heart was very good and they played a great set. Overall Binary Heart was great and I would like to see this band again. The only problem was not a lot of people were checking this band out; this band should have more fans.

The final local band from Long Island was Casanova. This was my seventh time seeing this band. Casanova is four piece band with female lead singer. They have a very 90’s influenced sound and each song has a different influence. They mix the sounds of Weezer, Turnover, My Bloody Valentine, Pixies, and The Breeders. They have a very unique sound. From seeing them play their first show, they have progressed a lot and they look really comfortable playing on stage. Overall, Casanova is a really good local band. Check them out if you get a chance.

ROMP took the stage and they rocked the stage. ROMP is a four piece from New Brunswick, New Jersey. They have a female lead singer who played the keyboards and totally played a great set. I felt they mixed some nerdy aspects with Riot GRRL and it rock perfectly for them. The first set part of the set was a little slow but the second part of the set was very upbeat. I really enjoyed the way they play and I would see this band again. I just wish there was more people checking this band out. Like I mentioned before, I feel that if this show was in Brooklyn there would have been a better reaction and more people enjoying ROMP.  

The last band of the night was Everything Ever. Everything Ever was another band that really rocked the stage and had a lot of fun doing so.  Everything Ever is a punk band from Staten Island. Every song was great. It sucks that there wasn't a lot of people who stayed to watch them play. Otherwise, Everything Ever was very good and probably my favorite band of the night. I recommend everyone reading this to check out all of these bands and support them.

Everything Ever- 10/10

ROMP- 10/10

Casanova- 10/10

Binary Heart- 9/10

Broken Bay Coalition- 9/10

AMH- 9/10

Overall Concert- 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment