Friday, December 18, 2015

LIVE REVIEW- Iron Reagan @ Gramercy Theater

Just a few days ago, I got the chance to catch a very, very cool crossover thrash band called Iron Reagan. The band calls Richmond VA home, and have been active since around 2012, now I have heard about them prior to seeing them with The Black Dahlia Murder, but had never gotten the chance to see them. That being said, there was definitely some pre existing hype surrounding them in my eyes. I had arrived to the venue a little late, as we had gotten lost wandering NYC trying to get to the venue, but as we walked in, the band was just going on.
 They opened up with Tyranny of Will, the title track off their fourth release as a band, and the energy was already there. With some really fast paced, wild riffage I was immediately drawn into the thrash. The constant circle pitting, with occasional two stepping was fun and highly energetic, though I wouldn't have minded some hardcore dancing, as there were a few parts where I felt I wanted to do some swinging on some nerds. Their setlist was very long track wise, but didn't last long as a handful of tracks were shorter than a minute or a little over one. Coming in at around 20 tracks, there was a lot of material to be heard from this very, very cool band.
 I got a chance to talk to them very briefly afterward, and they were all very down to earth people, who were happy to hear compliments about their set. I picked up a hat from their merch table, and was overall very satisfied with the whole night because of them.

So here's where they score for me!

8/10- instrumentally
10/10- energy

No comments:

Post a Comment