Friday, December 4, 2015

REVIEW- Grinding Under The Influence EP by SpermBloodShit

SpermBloodShit, I didn't think I'd ever have to type that out on this publication ever, but here I am, doing it. I'm personally a fan of grind, and this gem of a grind record is something I'm very happy I found.
 SBS is a three man grind act from the province of Chieti Italy that recently put out their most recent EP in October. I was flipping through bandcamp and this was under the most recent releases and I think the name drew me in most to this release.
 So what can I say about the instrumentals? Well they're certainly in your fucking face, the feeling is similar to being beaten repeatedly with a bat covered in barbed wire, in the best way possible. The guitars are fast and slightly distorted which adds for great effect. What really hit me though are the drums, which are fast and grindy as you would expect from a grind band, with some really great rythm that gives good flow to the tracks. The vocals are interesting, because they aren't exactly what I'd expect from a grind act, as I can understand what the vocalist is saying. Not that that is a bad thing, but it makes for a semi coherent experience.
 This EP features a cover of Breaking the Law by Judas Priest which I was very fond of personally, taking a grind turn on a, for all intensive purposes, a traditional metal track. My second favorite track on this EP is Conjoined Fetus Lady. Overall, this is a really great grind release from a band with an expansive repertoire of tunes to listen to on their bandcamp. This release got itself a solid 8/10, good work guys!

Listen here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment