Friday, December 4, 2015

Infest, Boston Strangler, NYC Headhunters, and Slav at The Acheron 11/21/15

On November 21, I finally got the chance to see the almighty powerviolence band Infest and Boston Strangler. The bands had some local support from NYC Head Hunters and Slav. They played at the small Brooklyn venue The Acheron. This was a sold out show and night two of Infest playing in Brooklyn. The first night was the Saint Vitus Bar. The Acheron is a very small venue with a very small stage, so shows get really crazy when they are sold out.
The First band of the night was Slav. Slav is a punk band that really was boring and generic. The lead singer was trying way too hard just to yell into the mic. Most of the song material was very typical. There was no crowd reaction for this band until the end of the set. Every hing about this band was too basic and did not leave a good impression on me.
The next band up was NYC Headhunters. I see this band playing a lot of hardcore shows in NYC and I heard a lot of good things about this band. They played and people started to go off. NYC Headhunters got some people moving for them. The songs were very good and they had a lot of “mosh parts” to their songs. If more people got into them, then that pit would have been insane. I like this band a lot and I feel that if they play a show with Freedom, the venue would just blow up. 
Up next was the Boston Strangler. Boston Strangler literally destroyed the place. People were going insane for this band. I could not believe how intense it got. Boston Strangler stole the show and I enjoyed every second of this band. I truly believe they had the best set. There was not a lot of stage diving but towards the end of the set there was. I loved the crowd reaction and I could see this band again.
Infest took the stage and the place just exploded. The pit was huge for them and it was more intense than the Boston Strangler. Infest is a legendary powerviolence band from California. This was the third or fourth time Infest has ever played NYC. I finally got the chance to see them and they blew my mind. The audience was great and they were great. Every song had a good reaction and people were going insane. This was probably my favorite show at the Acheron. I have to see Infest again because they were so much fun and I had a great time.
 
Infest- 10/10
Boston Strangler- 10/10
NYC Headhunter- 9/10
Slav- 6/10
The Acheron- 8/10
Overall Concert- 10/10
  


No comments:

Post a Comment