Monday, July 6, 2015

CDC, Surge of Fury, Ten Ton Hammer, Red 100, and Razor's Edge at AMH 7/5/15


             Last Sunday, CDC made their return to Long Island. CDC is currently on tour with Belgium’s Surge of Fury and they brought the fury. This was probably my first time seeing a full on beatdown on Long Island. There weren’t a lot of people there maybe about forty at the highest. The show was at Amityville Music Hall which is the number 1 place to see a hardcore show on Long Island. Even though this is a small venue I love seeing hardcore shows here.

            The opening band was Razor’s Edge. Razor’s Edge are from Long Island and are mix between heavy hardcore/beatdown. The band seemed like they were joke and had a lot of fun fooling around. The breakdowns of the band were great and really heavy. There was no crowd reaction but if they had a fan based there would nothing but fights with the way they played.

            The next band up was Red 100 who is also another Long Island beatdown band. I felt this band was trying really hard. The music was okay and I felt I had better watching Razor’s Edge. Red 100 actually had people moshing but only for a little bit. Red 100 had some good breakdowns but overall I wasn’t really into them.

            Up next was Ten Ton Hammer. Ten Ton Hammer is a heavy hardcore band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I was really pumped to see this band because I heard good things about this band. Ten Ton Hammer was crushing their riffs so hard. Very gnarly band they are. What I like about this band was this is that I felt they were diverse. Their guitarist looks like he came right out of a crust punk band. The one thing that sucked about this set was that there was no one there watching their set. It was pretty lame seeing that no one was caring for this band. I thought they were good for a band that just came out of Philly out of nowhere.

            Surge of Fury was up and they are currently their first tour of the United States. Surge of Fury are a hardcore band from Belgium. Surge of Fury kicked a lot of ass. My thing about these bands from Europe is that they all do the same style. This is a reason why I never cared for the European hardcore/beatdown scene. Surge of Fury were really nice guys and they played their hearts out. I’m completely sold on this band and I’m mad I didn’t have enough money to buy merch from them and support them. There was movement for this band but not a lot. I wish more people were into them because the riffs they played were very heavy. They are only playing East Coast dates on this small tour but if they ever tour America again don’t miss out.

CDC was up and the crowd went off even though there were only thirty people present. CDC is a beatdown band from Lansdale, Pennsylvania. To me Surge was the best of the night but CDC had the fan base also the sing alongs. Each song was intense and pit seemed tame but if there more people there would be a lot of DEATH. I really enjoyed this band a lot. I’m not really into beatdown but I really liked CDC a lot. CDC I’ve been around for awhile and they still got it. If you like Beatdown and heavy Hardcore then check out CDC because you’re missing out.

CDC- 9/10

Surge of Fury- 9.5/10

Ten Ton Hammer- 8/10

Red 100- 6/10

Razor’s Edge- 7.75/10   

Amityville Music Hall- 9/10

Overall Concert- 8/10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment