Thursday, July 23, 2015

Concerts I attended in 2011

Here’s another week of concerts I attend in my lifetime. This year we are up to 2011. 2011 was my first year going to a dozen shows. Also I went to my first Warped Tour and also my first local show. 2011 was the best year I covered so far.
  1. Madison Square Garden- Rush.
  2. Vibe Lounge- Angels with Dirty Faces, Hands By The Butcher, Psychosis, Insaium, Other band.
  3. Vibe Lounge- Angels with Dirty Faces (2), Smash Your Enemies, 2 other bands.
  4. Local Show at a Church- Angels with Dirty Faces (3), Sets, Christopher John, The Suburs, Marior, Days Till Dawn, 2 other band.
  5. The Plaza- The Presidents of the United States of America.
  6. Nassau Coliseum- Motley Crue, Poison, New York Dolls.
  7. Outside Nassau Warped Tour 11- Simple Plan, Miss May I, The Acacia Strain, Winds of Plague, Of Mice & Men, Less Than Jake, Enter Shikari.
  8. Yankee Stadium- Metallica (3), Megadeth (2), Anthrax.
  9. Terminal 5- Lenny Kravitz.
  10. Terminal 5- Kyuss, The Sword, Monstero.
  11. Hammerstein Ballroom- Danzig, Corrosion of Conformity, Other band.
  12. BB Kings- Misfits, Juicehead.

My top three shows of this year was The Big Four at Yankee Stadium, Warped Tour 2011, and The Misfits. Seeing Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax playing on one stage was amazing. Metallica had a two hour set while everyone else had an hour set. Warped Tour 2011 was a whole new experience for me. My time seeing a bunch of bands in a festival setting was great. Seeing the Misfits was a big one for me because they are one of my favorite bands of all time. This was my first punk show in a small room. It was there Halloween show and it was a lot of fun. The worst show of the year was Lenny Kravitz. It was a free show and I just didn’t really care for the show. Overall 2011 was a good year for shows. Next week I’ll cover 2012.   

No comments:

Post a Comment