Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Vans Warped Tour 2015

            Last Saturday I attended 21st annual Vans Warped Tour. This would be my fifth warped tour and hopefully my last. The reason why I said this is my last because I don’t want to be at this festival when I’m older. I love the festival but it’s really meant for kids and teens. Vans Warped Tour is the beginner for teenage who went to big festivals like Riot Fest and Lollapalooza. This year’s New York stop was at Jones Beach which where it was located last year. Before that the tour’s stop would be the parking lot of Nassau Coliseum. This wasn’t my favorite warped but it very diverse with all of the bands I’ve seen.
            I don’t remember the order the band I saw and also I couldn’t stay for everybody set. The one bad thing about Warped is everybody is playing all at the same time. Throughout the years I made some sacrifices but this year I saw everyone I wanted to see. Citizen, 68’, and Senses Fail are the bands I wanted to see and Citizen had the best set of the day. Citizen was amazing and the crowd was going off especially when they played songs off of Youth. 68’ the greatest duo in rock music right now was fantastic the second time. This band needs to play in my backyard or basement because they are wild live. The lead singer is the former lead singer of bands Norma Jean and The Chariot which right off the bat means they are going to wild. Senses Fail was a little bit of a disappointment because of the vocals of the lead singer. When they played “Can’t be saved” it was like what. Even the crowd was weird because I didn’t know people hardcore dance to them. Weird set could have been better but at least they cover Hatebreed at the end and people went nuts.
            I saw Transit again and this time I really enjoy them. They played a lot of old material and the crowd was going nuts at 11:10 in the morning. The Long Island Easycore band Nice Shot Kid played a really good set and this was my fourth time seeing them. It’s amazing seeing a band playing in a bowling alley and now warped tour. Man Overboard I saw and thought nothing crazy about them. Man Overboard are a very generic pop-punk band just like Neck Deep and Knuckle Puck. I saw just watching their set just to kill time. PUP is a great band and should have more of an audience. I only caught three songs but it was great. Another great band that I have to leave during their set was Lee Corey Oswald. Lee Corey Oswald is such a great name for a band. I really hope I get to see this band soon. Moose Blood was very good and it was great they are from Europe. It’s really cool to see bands playing Warped Tour that aren’t from North America. Bands like Trophy Eyes and I Killed The Prom Queen are from Australia and for Trophy Eyes this was their first tour in America.
            This was my first see seeing acoustic acts especially going to the acoustic basement stage. I saw Koji at that stage and I find him really different from a lot of punk acoustic acts. Koji tours a lot with pop punk bands but his material is more political. It was different but I liked it. I saw Aaron West and The Roaring 20’s on a different stage but it was weird because he was playing acoustic. The sound was very bad and really hard to hear. Also I saw the rapper Riff Raff which that was a very funny set overall. He probably had the biggest crowds in the entire fest. Other bands I saw Pvris, New Years Day, Set It Off, Metro Station, Silverstein, Major League, and Seaway. Overall I had fun for this year’s warped tour. Maybe next year if they bring in some punk, hardcore and ska bands I’ll return for the sixth year. 
Transit- 8/10
68’- 10/10
Citizen- 10/10
Nice Shot, Kid- 9/10
Man Overboard- 7.5/10
PUP- 9/10
Lee Corey Oswald- 9/10
Moose Blood- 8.75/10
Riff Raff- 8.5/10
Pvris- 7/10
New Years Day- 6.5/10
Set It Off- 6/10
Metro Station- 5/10
Koji- 8/10
Silverstein- 8.5/10
Senses Fail- 8.25/10
I Killed The Prom Queen- 8/10
Trophy Eyes- 8.5/10
Major League- 8/10
Aaron West and The Roaring 20’s- 7.5/10
Seaway- 7.5/10
Jones Beach- 8/10
Overall Concert- 8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment