Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Laid 2 Rest, Absolute Suffering, Jukai, Separated, Desperate Cry at AMH 7/19/15

             Last Sunday, Amityville Music Hall hosted another fun hardcore show. Laid 2 Rest was the headline act of the show. Also they and Absolute Suffering were the only bands that weren’t from Long Island. The rest were all from Long Island. AMH is the best spot for hardcore shows and smaller shows for anything else.
            The first band was Desperate Cry. They are from Long Island and feature the lead singer of Detriment on drums. Desperate Cry is a relativity new band and I really enjoy their sound a lot. The style was fast but wasn’t like how Rival Mob plays but more thrash involved. They also didn’t take any breaks after each song. They just ripped right through their set. Hopefully get to see this band again.
            The second band was Separated. Separated is a metalcore/hardcore band from Long Island. This was my three time seeing this band. Separated started out fresh this year by making new songs and only playing new songs. The songs were great and I loved the vocals. The vocals were somewhat like beatdown but just heavy from this little skinny kid. The riffs were killer and breakdowns were great. I was told that this band will be recording a new EP so be out in a look out for that.
            Jukai was up next and they were the last band from Long Island on this bill. I truly believe that Jukai is the heaviest local band on Long Island. I love the aggression and they got the first crowd reaction of the night. I really just their heaviest and this was my second time seeing them especially this year. I wish I could see this band offend. Jukai is band you don’t want to miss because how heavy they are.
            Absolute Suffering was up next and this was my second time seeing them. Absolute Suffering is from Springfield, MA. I liked them the first I saw them but now I’m a fan of them. The crowd gave a good reaction even though there were only 30 or 40 people there. Still they had a great performance. This band is opening is even opening up the hardcore festival “This is Hardcore” on third day of the event. This band will go far and hopefully they will. I 100% support this band. Check them out because they will get big.
            Laid 2 Rest probably the best beatdown band I ever seen at AMH. Also they probably had the best crowd reaction of the night. Laid 2 Rest is from Connecticut. Laid 2 Rest was late to the show but they were intense. There was a lot of crowd killing during this set. The weird part was that one they opened no one was moving until they played the first song. Overall it was a great ten minute set. Check this band out.
Laid 2 Rest- 8.75/10
Absolute Suffering- 9/10
Jukai- 9/10
Separated- 9/10
Desperate Cry- 8.5/10
AMH- 9/10
Concert Overall- 8/10
           


No comments:

Post a Comment