Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rise Against, Killswitch Engage, and letlive at Central Park 7/28/15

            Last night I attended my first ever Central Park Summer Stage show. Rise Against played with Killswitch Engage and letlive. Back when this show was announce it was sold out within days. I didn’t get a ticket until ticketfly was releasing more tickets. I’ve seen all of these bands but not in an outdoor area. The venue’s cap was probably maybe 2,000 or more.
            The opening band was letlive. Letlive are from Los Angeles and is a post-hardcore band. To me they are probably one of the best bands of this decade. This is my third time seeing this band. Crazy as always letlive took the stage and went off. They got a great reaction but for me it could have been better. Letlive played songs from the albums Fake History and The Blackest Beautiful and even a new song. What I love about this performance is that the lead singer Jason Aalon Butler was crazy as usual. He was in the crowd and jumping all around. What sucks about letlive is that you have to see them headline because you can never get enough of them. If you haven’t seen this band you’re messing up.
            Killswitch Engage was up next. This was my second time seeing this band. Killswitch are a metalcore band from Westfield, Massachusetts. I used like this band and finally got to see them back in 2013. They were good live and they got a good reaction from the crowd. Also I feel that a good portion of the fans there yesterday were there for them. They played a good set but it got a little boring. I mean this was a very weird lineup for a tour but it worked out. It’s a little bit of everything.     
            Rise Against took the stage and the crowd went off. This was my third time seeing this band. Rise Against are a punk band from Chicago. Pits were erupting everywhere and this is why Rise Against is great. People were crowd surfing and singing along. Rise Against played classic like “Give it all” and “Prayer for Refugee”. For me the best part was when they people spray water to cool off which I never experiences before. I mention how fans were mix and feel that Rise Against brings that out. The reason why is because since they are popular they attract a lot of different people. There nothing wrong with that but you can tell when someone has never a punk show. If you never seen Rise Against you’re messing up big time because they are one of the best live acts.
Rise Against- 9/10
Killswitch Engage- 8/10
letlive.- 9/10
Central Park- 8/10
Concert Overall- 9/10

    

No comments:

Post a Comment