Sunday, January 10, 2016

Balance and Composure and Roger Harvey at Saint Vitus Bar 1/07/16

            Last Thursday Balance and Composure finished their two night stint at St. Vitus. The first show was 21+ and the second show was 18+. I attended the second show due to the fact that I saw Freedom the night before. Both shows were sold out and had Roger Harvey performing as the opener for both nights. This was my first time seeing Balance so I was excited for this show.
            Roger Harvey took the stage and started to play some acoustic songs. Right off the bat I knew this was not for me. Personally I’m not into acoustic acts opening up shows. The set was pretty boring in my opinion. He changed from acoustic to electric which I thought was cool. The audience seemed to be interested. The songs were okay, I think the problem was the wait time from the doors opening until he took the stage. The doors opened before 8 and he did not get on until 9:15 so that wait time was a little annoying. Overall he was not my thing but people should check out his music.
            Balance and Composure took the stage. They are from Doylestown, Pennsylvania and they have a very interesting sound. If you never heard of them they have a mix of emo, alternative rock and grunge vibes. Balance started to play the crowd moved up and started to sing along. I expected a lot more from this crowd. I expected to see more people stage diving and going crazy but it seemed everyone wanted to relax. I thought it was really weird. I was expected so much from that crowd. Balance was great and they sounded great. I only recently got into this band just last year and finally seeing them was great. You’re missing out if you have not seen Balance I know I have missed out and I’m not going to miss them ever again.

Balance and Composure- 10/10
Roger Harvey- 6.5/10
Saint Vitus Bar- 8.5/10

Overall Concert- 8.5/10      

No comments:

Post a Comment