Saturday, January 16, 2016

Metz, Bully, and Big Ups at Music Hall of Williamsburg 1/14/16

             Last Thursday I saw Metz and Bully play their second New York date. The night before they played at The Bowery Ballroom in Manhattan and Thursday they played at the Music Hall of Williamburg in Brooklyn. I have wanted to see Metz for awhile and I finally got the chance. They had local support from the Big Ups.  This was my first time going to a show at Music of Willaimsburg that wasn't sold out. There were still a lot of people there but overall this was cool show and I really love this venue.
            The opening band, Big Ups, are from the Big Apple. This was my first time seeing this band. I never checked out this band before and I was curious could sound like. Once they started to play I loved them. They remind me of Ceremony during the albums between Rohnert Park and Zoo.  They played a really good set and people seemed to be into them. People started to mosh towards the end of the set. I would like too see Big Ups again, maybe in basement. Check this band out if you like 80’s hardcore punk and garage rock.
            Bully was up and this band is on the hype train. I heard nothing but good things and I finally got the chance to see them. Bully is from Nashville, Tennessee. Once they started to play people were going crazy. Their sound was great. It blended Hole and garage rock. The sound was 90’s influenced but they put on a modern twist. Every song was great and I really enjoyed this band. I enjoyed them so much that once they got off I ran to their merch table to buy their debut album Feels Like on Vinyl. Bully was a great band and everyone should check them out. I’m seeing them again every time they come to NY.
            Metz took the stage and the place erupted. Metz is from Ottawa, Canada and these Noise Punks could blow your ear drums out. Luckily, I had ear plugs, but Metz was fanatic. People were moshing and jumping off of the stage. I loved the reaction for this band. I cannot believe the reaction I felt the same way as I did when I saw Joyce Manor. Metz puts the noise that Sonic Youth made and adds some punk rock. Metz is another band I would totally see again. Metz was insane and the show was really great. All of the bands were great and I truly loved this. This was my fourth show of the year and probably the best one so far this year.
Metz- 10/10
Bully- 10/10
Big Ups- 9/10
Music Hall of Williamsburg- 10/10
             

             

No comments:

Post a Comment