Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cult Leader, TrenchFoot, Death Dealer, Forced Out, Separted, and Starve at AMH 3/12/15

Last Thursday at Amityville Music Hall, Cult Leader return to Long Island. Cult Leader are a Metalocre/mathcore band from Salt Lake City. They are from Salt Lake City and most of the band members were apart of another band called Gaza. Cult Leader are signed to Deathwish so expected something unique.
The first band of the night was Starve. This was their first show and I actually enjoyed it a lot. The vocals reminded me a lot of Harms Way but musically a mix between hardcore and old school metalcore. They only played four songs but for their first show I dig them. The only think bad was the bassist was barely playing but look like he was having a good time.
Up next we had a surprise two set from the Long Island Hardcore/metal band Separated. How this happen was that half the members of Starve are also Separated. This was their first show since September. It was cool seeing them again especially being friends with some of the members. Since the set was short the two songs their played were interesting and had some nice mosh parts. Hopefully I will be able to see them soon. This band I totally recommend to see live.
Forced Out was up next and they're a  beatdown/hardcore band from Long Island. Very heavy material they have. Personally I'm not really into beatdown but I really enjoy Forced Out. Even on my top ten releases of last year their split with Wilful Damage I really loved. Since there was only 30 people there really wasn't a pit for them. Forced Out really does bring the heat and I hope they can go far. The best part of the set was when they ended and someone said what about the Hatebreed Cover. They covered "Smash Your Enemies" and the place erupted including myself. I totally recommend seeing this band.
Death Dealer are band from Long Island that mixes powerviolence, metal, and grindcore. They were okay. The problem was no one was moving for them plus when the lead singer is in the crowd people just moved back. This was my second times seeing this band. Musically they mixed 80's hardcore mosh parts with this generations grindcore. If you are a fan of this genre then check them out.
Up next was Trenchfoot who are 1/2 of the bands that weren't from Long Island. TrenchFoot are from Hudson Valley, New York and they're a metal/hardcore band. This was the second time seeing them and they really are heavy. Again no one was really going off for them and people were bopping their heads. The material was good and it seemed they weren't a generic hardcore band. If you get a chance to see this band do it.
Cult Leader was the final band of the night and they were wild. No lights on stage just their big bright light behind the drummer. Cult Leader only played like 6 songs and I wish they played more because they were so wild and different. Cult Leader really was something else. Again no movement from the crowd but Cult Leader were so loud and the material was great. The only problem I had was that because they were so loud you really could here the vocals. This is why I love Deathwish bands. By far Cult Leader has to go down to second best band I've seen live from Deathwish. I hope I get to see them sometime soon and totally check out their music.
Cult Leader 9/10
TrenchFoot 7.5/10
Death Dealer 7.5/10
Forced Out 9/10
Separated 8/10
Starve 8/10
Amityville Music Hall 9/10
Concert Overall 8/10
        

No comments:

Post a Comment