Sunday, March 29, 2015

Interview- GIVE

At East Coast Collective's Mixtape festival we got a chance to speak with the guys in the band GIVE from DC.

PB- Ok, so who does what in the band?

John: I'm John, I sing, that's Ian he plays guitar

Dan: I'm Dan I'm filling in on bass.



PB- Alright what are some of your biggest influences musically?

Dan: Youth Of Today, The Smiths, It's Personal, we got double Youth of Today hoodies on today

John: Jimi Hendrix and Turning Point, The Smiths, Youth of Today,



PB- What kind of gear do you guys use?

Ian: Ben and I and I both play Marshal JCM 800's its the best amp in the world everyone should buy them. We use a bunch of different guitars, mainly he uses Gibson and I use fender strats. Gene would play any drums, not even Gene would play anything he can hit a stick with.

John: He hates pearls though

Ian: Yeah he fucks with Ludwig pretty hard, and bass wise, Doug uses Gibson, and Dan plays Fender like a good boy.

Dan: Yeah, Jazz bass.

Ian: Ampeg and Peavey bass amp.



PB- An Iceabreaker, what are some of your guilty pleasure bands?

Give: No such thing!

PB- Well what would be classified as.

Dan: Well I'm a big saves the day fan.

Ian: Kid Rock, Drake, what other things could be made fun of uhh, Kendrick Lamar was what we were listening to on the way here. Its funny John never talks until we have to play or do an interview, he lifted his head up like a turtle and said "This shit fuckin' sucks"

John: I dunno I like techno

PB- favorite artists out there now, like currently.

John: Turnstile

Ian: Priest, Fury, Big Mouse is cool, Protester is the shit. Tenement is good also.


PB- Finally shoutouts?

John- Fuck Austin

Ian- We have this bassist named Austin who cant really cut it, so, hopefully this gets printed a lot of places, though actually Austin he plays in a band called clear which is really good so shout out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment