Saturday, March 14, 2015

Review- Moonlover by Ghost Bath

Speechless, that's all that I am left with after listening to this release from Ghost Beach, a depressive black metal outfit. I feel like no matter what I say about this release, it'll pale in comparison to listening. I wholeheartedly recommend this release to anyone, whether it be a newcomer to black metal or somebody who already knows their stuff.
 To start, production wise I have to say that this is one of the most emotionally provocative albums I have heard in a long time. The feeling of dread and sadness you get is unlike anything I've heard since I first listened to The Green Album by Woods of Ypres or Sunbather by Deafheaven.
 Instrumentally this release is flawless, with some of the best guitar work atmospherically I have had the pleasure of hearing this year. The drums and bass are flawless, and give great motion to the tracks. Vocally however is where this release absolutely hits me. The vocals are just so anguished and painful that you cant help but feel the dread surrounding you. This is one of the most atmospheric albums I've heard this year, a candidate for best album of 2015 and possibly one of the quintessential releases in the genre of the year, perhaps even the last few. I absolutely recommend listening to this masterpiece by Ghost Bath and am proud to give it a 10/10

Listen to Moonlover here

No comments:

Post a Comment