Sunday, March 15, 2015

Review- Way of The Soundbender by Samurai Del

Seattle based producer Samurai Del, with his extensive collection of music including releases such as Oddblossom, 2020, and R00TS, has released a 20 track release entitled Way of The Soundbender. This release is a followup to Oddblossom and is definitely a strong one.
 Production value on this release is solid, with some really cool jazz sampling and some sound samples you can find in other traditional rap, and tight beats. I'm actually very partial to the jazz samples on tracks such as Made for Me ft. Toby Kyle, Mr Glass and my particular favorite track, slomogenisis. Clearly, a lot of effort was put into the creation of this release and it most definitely shows.
 The rhymes on this release are next level, and a lot of really cool effects were used on them for sure. On some tracks I find influences from some of Kanye West's work, which gives it all the more points in my book. Overall this is a really strong release from Samurai Del, and I hope to hear more from him. This release earns a solid 8/10, great work and I certainly hope to hear more.

Listen to Way of The Soundbender here

No comments:

Post a Comment