Thursday, March 5, 2015

Review- Falling Together by Alumni

Long Island based indie band Alumni recently released a demo entitled Falling Together, I got a chance to give it a listen tonight and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, considering most indie bands at the local level that I have heard. Before I begin, this release is definitely for fans of David Bowie, The Smiths and new Title Fight.
  Production wise I was surprised at the quality because this is in fact a demo. The effects for starters give an airy, somber feeling to the track. Instrumentally everything is very solid, with a great guitar progression, solid bass, and equally good drums. The effects on the guitars give me a Hyperview//The Smiths feel which I wholeheartedly enjoy. This is the kind of track you relax with somebody you care about with, just lay next to each other and think.
 Vocally this release is strong, with very airy, relaxing vocals that again remind me of Title Fight's new material. They have a relaxing tone to them that as said before, you can relax to for sure. All in all, I can see a lot of good things coming from this band, and I hope to hear more. This release earned itself a 7/10.

Listen to Alumni's demo track here

No comments:

Post a Comment