Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Review- Instance by I, Awake

Newly formed Long Island progressive band I, Awake has just released their first single, and I have to say it is one of the most refreshing things I've heard out of Long Island in a long time. This goes without saying I love the music that comes out of long island, BUT this is something far different than anything I have heard from a band here.
 Production wise, this release is super well put together, with some really solid leads and riffs, and I'm particularly partial to the really nice flow of the guitars. Unlike most mixes you find these days, it isn't choppy or anything, very smooth. My one complaint is that the bass tone isn't as loud as I would have liked it to be. And that the vocals should have been louder in the mix.
 Vocally, I am absolutely impressed, they sound a lot like old Northlane, a band I'm not too familiar with, but enjoy a lot after giving them a quick listen. They have a lot of power behind them, though on the mix you can't really feel it all too well. I think where this release shines is not only the actual track but how refreshing it is, you don't see a band playing this genre a lot. I think this band has alot of potential and they're certainly a good act to keep an eye on, they're gonna go somewhere really quickly I can feel it.
 I'm proud to give this first release from I, Awake an 8/10, keep up the good work, I hope to hear more soon!

Listen to Instance here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment