Sunday, February 8, 2015

Review: Conoslation Prize S/T

Consolation Prize, a Lockin Out band out of PA featuring members of Cold World and Stick Together dropped their S/T EP in 2014, being this bands first release I had no idea what I was gonna hear when i pressed play and I have I was pleasantly surprised. This band is in the vein of classic bands like Underdog and Supertouch , they are the modern day Supertouch which is what really makes this special. Now down to the actual review, the Vocals are pretty gritty but giving a somewhat melodic feeling at the same time really making it something cool. I feel like some are the songs are the same not much variation ,mid way through the album the songs all sound the same, their needs to be more to really be something good. I mean the band sounds good as a whole and has good parts but its lacking the differences between songs to really make it something that stands out.
6.9/10 Needs work but is still pretty good.
Download the EP at Lockin Out Records

No comments:

Post a Comment