Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review- Peanut Butter Blues and Melancholy Jam by Ghostpoet

London based rapper Ghostpoet is arguably one of my favorites in the genre right now. With his airy, subdued vocals that sound almost drowsy or lethargic, meaningful lyricism and relaxing, cloud rap beats I almost immediately fell in love with this release.
  The production on Ghostpoet's beats are next level, and are set at a speed and frequency that leads to a drowsy, relaxing feel to them. They are fairly unique as I rarely hear any other rapper, even in the sort of rap that Ghostpoet does. Vocally I was enthralled by Ghostpoet's airy, sleepy sounding vocals make it just that much more enjoyable to listen to though sometimes it may be hard to hear over his accent, at least for an American listener like myself. Beyond that an absolutely enthralling style to vocals and one I find very unique. Finally Ghostpoet's lyricism is one that I happen to enjoy because much of it is relatable. I particularly found myself being able to relate to the track Survive It, because to put it plainly, it's about life, and how rough it can be but we all just want to survive it.
 Overall, this release is one of my favorites right now, and I would highly recommend listening to it as you wont regret doing so. This release, in this writer's opinion, gets an 8/10.

8/10

Ghostpoet's bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment