Monday, February 2, 2015

Review: Snail's Pace Demo

Snail's Pace a Hardcore band based out of Boston/Wilkes-Bare dropped their demo in 2014 and their not something to sleep on. Feature members of Cold World, Free Spirit, and Mental they already caught my attention but this demo is probably the great demos in hardcore in recent memory.

When I first saw Lockin Out had released the tape alongside the Consolation Prize St I was very hyped and damn did it deliver on that hype. Every track on the album is a banger. I can say though i wasn't into the vocals when I first but when i took a second listen to it I enjoyed it much more Im still not a huge fan of th vocals but it works for the style of Hardcore they're going for which is the Boston Hardcore style in the vain of bands like Righteous Jams and Mental but with their own flare to distinguish themselves from their Lockin Out counterparts.  
Honestly I can't find much wrong from this demo. It damn near perfect but it doesn't feel like a 10 its close very close on the edge but I can't bring myself to do it. The reason for that is just i feel like the vocals could have been more aggressive, I mean don't get me wrong I like them a lot but their could have been more of a umphf with them. Their live show(s) is another issue, during their show with Cold World and King Nine, the vocals weren't exactly on point with how they sounded on the demo, the vocalist messed up the verse once or twice, and the guitarist messed up throughout the entire set. They covered Murphy's Law - Murphy's Law which made it for me but I'd like to see more effort put into their sets.

Overall 9.7/10 
























No comments:

Post a Comment