Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review- The Great American Goodbye- Arkham

Chicago based punk/post hardcore band Arkham released The Great American Goodbye last year, and earned a spot on my favorite albums of the year. With emotionally charged and conscious lyrics, and overall phenomenal production, it's definitely worth your time to check this release out, and really listen to it.
 Instrumentally, Arkham has music that's certainly a treat for any fans of Gallows, Against Me! and Rage Against The Machine. With fast paced and erratic instrumentals, hard hitting vocals and charged lyrics. The production on this release was very good, you can hear all the instruments very clearly as well as the vocals. The progressions and riffs are very enjoyable and I'm very partial to the drums on this release.
  What I enjoy most about Arkham is their lyricism and how powerful it is. Citing topics such as the Kelly Thomas killing or the greed of capitalism and class disparity in Old Money which is one of my favorite tracks besides Kelly Thomas. Most of all, I would reccomend seeing Arkham if they play in your area, as they put on one of the most engaging and powerful preformances I've seen out of a band in a very long time. Vocalist Adam Bevel brings an energy that you only see in vocalists such as Anthony Green, it's certainly a treat to see.

Overall, I have to give The Great American Goodbye an 8/10, and a spot on my list of best albums of 2014. This band is big, don't sleep on them and I cant say that enough, you'll regret it if you do.


Arkham's Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment