Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Review- Divine Mortal Being by Spinebreaker

California based hardcore/death metal crossover band Spinebreaker put out a single called Divine Mortal Being last summer in August. Listening to this, all I could think was "WERE FUCKING NAILS" because I felt like I was listening to an elongated NAILS track. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and I enjoy NAILS.
  The song itself hits pretty hard, with a gritty, tubular sounding heaviness, combined with a solid bass tone to compliment it. The drums are solidly tracked as are all the instruments, and it leads to an enjoyably heavy, mosh worthy track. Interestingly enough I picked up elements of thrash and black metal. Black metal peticularly in the vocals as they sounded gritty and pained which is something I liked alot. The guitar progressions in the beginning of the track beckoned to Thrash from the likes of Municipal Waste. Overall, I enjoyed the track but I was not overly enthused by it, therefore, giving this track a 5/10


Spinebreaker's bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment